Replace Your Old Gas Logs With A New Modern Or Traditional Set From Ace Stove Shop
Sure, propane and natural gas bring convenience, a cleaner burn, and comfort at the touch of a button, but do you have to sacrifice looks? Not with today’s gas logs from Monessen and Napoleon. These log sets are carefully crafted in a variety of sizes and styles so you can enjoy true beauty and a more authentic-looking fireside experience.
What makes gas logs such a popular option for homeowners in the Elkton area? Well, it’s simple:
- They make it easy to convert a wood-burning fireplace to gas.
- They’re an affordable and cleaner-burning alternative to wood.
- They’re more authentic-looking and beautiful than ever before.
Choose From Beautiful Vented & Vent-Free Gas Logs
Here at The Stove Store, we know that everyone’s needs are different, which is why we’re proud to offer both vented and vent-free gas log sets to our customers. Here’s what you need to know about each:
- Vent-Free —Vent-free logs burn at 99.9% efficiency, which means they don’t need to be vented through a working chimney. Why is this great news? For one, it means that you’ll never have to worry about losing the heat that your gas logs produce up the chimney. Instead, all of that heat will go out into your room, where you want it. Additionally, it means that, if you are converting your wood-burning fireplace to gas with vent-free logs, all you’ll need to do is add a gas line and have the log set installed. it’s as easy as that. The downside to vent-free is that you can’t rearrange the log sets because they’re designed to burn in a specific way. For this reason, these log sets are typically less realistic-looking than their vented counterparts.
- Vented — Vented gas logs will still need to be vented through a working chimney that’s in good condition. This means you may lose some of the heat produced by your gas logs up through the chimney. These log sets, however, tend to look much more realistic than their vent-free counterparts, and produce taller flames that wrap around the logs, much like a real wood fire. Vented log sets are also typically customizable through configuration and the addition of firebed accessories. If authenticity and appearance are top priorities, nothing beats vented.
Which is right for you?
While preference plays a large part, in some instances, you’ll have to choose one over the other. If, for example, you have a flat-topped or totally enclosed fireplace, a non-working chimney, or no chimney at all, vent-free is the only real option for you. Additionally, not all fireplaces are approved for vent-free logs. If your specific fireplace rules out vent-free logs, you’ll need to choose vented. A certified chimney professional will be able to let you know whether either situation applies to you.
Traditional Or Modern, We’ve Got Plenty Of Options To Choose From — Stop In & See
Ready to start shopping? Whether you’re shopping for vented of vent-free, you’ll find many traditional and modern options to choose from here at The Stove Store. Head to our showroom at 804 East Pulaski Highway — we have a large inventory, plenty of parking, and our knowledgeable professionals can show you around and help with your decision. Stop in or give us a call today!